Singer Songwriter Competition
Submission deadline: Thursday, June 28, 2018 (any entries after the deadline may not be considered)
Notifications: Thursday, July 5, 2018
Finals at the Acorn: Thursday, July 19. Arrival check in 4 PM ET. Show: 8 PM ET
2 songs $22
3 songs $27
4 songs $32
By check: Make check payable to Acorn Center for the Performing Arts and mail to Acorn Theater, 107 Generation Drive, Three Oaks, MI 49128.
Complete the entry form
- Video entries only along with accompanying lyric sheets. Non-professional preferred.
- Video format options: mp4 download, smart phone video, YouTube link, Vimeo link. If your file size is too big, we recommend you upload to Google Drive
- Lyric sheets must have title of song and songwriter(s)
- Entrants can have up to 3 people in their group including themselves.
- Provide links in the entry form or send materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How It Works
10 finalists are chosen from the pool of submissions. Those ten finalists compete at the Singer Songwriter Finals, July 19, 8 PM ET, in front of a packed house and a panel of three prestigious judges. During the first round, each finalist plays their winning entry. The panel then narrows down to 3 top finalists. Those 3 perform a second original song of their choosing. The audience votes on winner and runner-up.
- First place $700 Second place $300 Third place $100
- All finalists will also receive an audio recording of their live performance at the Acorn.
- The top three finalists will receive a video recording of their live performance at the Acorn.
- The top three will be considered for other shows at the Acorn and recommended for other area events.
- Submit 2, 3 or 4 songs.
- Entrants can have up to 3 people performing in their group.
- Travel to the Acorn Theater is the responsibility of the Singer Songwriter
- Previous 1st place winners in the Acorn Singer Songwriter competition are not eligible to compete for five years.