Singer Songwriter Competition
Submission deadline: Thursday, June 28, 2018 (any entries after the deadline may not be considered)
Notifications: Thursday, July 5, 2018
Finals at the Acorn: Thursday, July 19. Arrival check in 4 PM ET. Show: 8 PM ET
2 songs $22
3 songs $27
4 songs $32
By check: Make check payable to Acorn Center for the Performing Arts and mail to Acorn Theater, 107 Generation Drive, Three Oaks, MI 49128.
Complete the entry form
- Video entries only along with accompanying lyric sheets. Non-professional preferred.
- Video format options: mp4 download, smart phone video, YouTube link, Vimeo link. If your file size is too big, we recommend you upload to Google Drive
- Lyric sheets must have title of song and songwriter(s)
- Entrants can have up to 3 people in their group including themselves.
- Provide links in the entry form or send materials by email to email@example.com
How It Works
8 finalists are chosen from the pool of submissions. Those 8 finalists compete at the Singer Songwriter Finals, July 19, 8 PM ET, in front of a packed house and a panel of three prestigious judges. During the first round, each finalist plays their winning entry. The panel then narrows down to 3 top finalists. In addition, there is a first round People’s Choice vote. Top round picks from first round perform a second original song of their choosing. The audience votes on winner and runner-up.
This Year’s Judges
This year’s judges: Jeremy Bonfiglio, Sight & Sound Editor at the Herald-Palladium and co-host of the "Breaking Character" podcast, Amy Renzulli, owner of the world’s largest School of Rock and David Fink, founder of the Acorn, producer of countless shows at the Acorn, judge for Michigana Rising Stars and American Idol Participant Auditions.
- First place $700 Second place $300 Third place $100
- All finalists will also receive an audio recording of their live performance at the Acorn.
- The top three finalists will receive a video recording of their live performance at the Acorn.
- The top three will be considered for other shows at the Acorn and recommended for other area events.
- Submit 2, 3 or 4 songs.
- Entrants can have up to 3 people performing in their group.
- Travel to the Acorn Theater is the responsibility of the Singer Songwriter
- Previous 1st place winners in the Acorn Singer Songwriter competition are not eligible to compete for five years.